Backup your Catalog before installing the plug-in.
The plug-in makes changes to the catalog database, so make sure that you create a backup of your catalog. The simplest method is as follows:
1. Open catalog settings, using Edit->Catalog Settings... (or CTRL+ALT+,) and on the general tab make a note of the "Back up catalog setting" (e.g. Once a week, upon starting Lightroom).
2. Change the Back up catalog setting to "Next time Lightroom starts only".
3. Press the "Relaunch and Optimize" button
4. Check the selected backup directory is good and check the "test integrity of this catalog" box.
5. Press Backup
6. When it has completed go back to catalog settings and reset the back-up catalog setting to the original value (if you don't it will never prompt to back-up again!).
For more information on Lightroom backups visit:
1. In Windows explorer or Mac finder, open the folder where you saved the NatureMetadata.lrplugin.zip file (e.g. "Downloads")
2. Unzip the contents of the zip file to a folder on your hard drive (e.g. "C:\LR_Plugins" or "/Documents/LR_Plugins").
Windows users will have a new folder called "NatureMetadata.lrplugin" containing several files
Mac users will have a single file called "NatureMetadata.lrplugin"
3. Open the Lightroom Plug-in Manager, using File->Plug-in Manager (or CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+,) and press the Add button in the lower left.
4. Navigate to "NatureMetadata.lrplugin", select it and click OK.
5. Lightroom will ask for permission to update the catalog. The Nature Data LR plug-in requires this update, so press Update.
Note that the first time you open a different catalog, you will be prompted again. This is because the changes are made to the catalog, rather than Lightroom itself.